About Me

My photo
Brian J. W. Lee is a writer. When he's not writing, he's plotting to plunge the world in a deep chasm of terror, darkness and screams. Sorry, did I get carried away?

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Writing Report #8: Inspiration Strikes

This writing report is for Tuesday (30/08/2016)

I decided to do a quickie. Some good progress today. I scanned through the last page or Monday's editing, made some good changes, and I went on to edit another two more chapters. Still way behind schedule though.

But before I go to sleep today, I went back to my computer again. I didn't want to edit, but I just needed to double-check a few things. Basically, the whole affair with Nimble Writer deleting 8 days of progress got me rattled up. I wanted to see if the changes I made in previous drafts from 2 to 6 were retained.

I think they were. Writing's too pristine.

But that's not the point. I went through a very pivotal scene and chapter of my book. It's like staring into the eyes of a Siren, I couldn't look away, and I couldn't shut out the music from my ears. I enjoyed it, even after 6 drafts. That's a good sign, right?

But an even better sign was that I went ahead and edit it. It wasn't a long chapter, as quality was the name of the game in this one - Its success or failure hung on the fate of an important character. That's another chapter out of the way, though I'll probably check it out again.

It think I've improved on it, on the action. I could be wrong though. It wouldn't hurt to have another go at it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment