About Me

My photo
Brian J. W. Lee is a writer. When he's not writing, he's plotting to plunge the world in a deep chasm of terror, darkness and screams. Sorry, did I get carried away?

Sunday 21 January 2018

Phonehead

Yes, I shit you not. That's what I'm working on now.

So far my first month of 2018 in writing has been a little slow, but so long as I'm making progress, I'm good. Anyway, yes, I'm working on something slightly different from what I usually write. The working title of the novel is literally called 'Phonehead', and its about a new app that completely entraps the user, such that their attention will be stuck on it. It gets worse from there, much, much worse.

I see it as a chance for me to take a breath of fresh air and work on something different - It's both horror and sci-fi in equal accord, with a little slap of the weird fiction juice. For this, I admit to have drawn some inspiration from Junji Ito - though it won't change my style profoundly because I found that we have a lot in common (except in terms of fame and wealth and skill :D).

Anyway, I am hoping that my inspiration for this book does not falter.

1 comment: